Earl C. “Duke” Austin, Jr., president and chief executive officer of Quanta Services, will serve as the keynote speaker during the 2019 Electric Utility Fleet Managers Conference.
Austin has played a fundamental role in Quanta’s significant growth. At the largest specialized contractor serving electric power, pipeline, industrial and communications customers in North America, Austin spearheads strategic development of Quanta’s capabilities in assessment, planning, engineering and design, procurement, construction, commissioning, testing, operations and management of critical infrastructure systems.
- Advancing Strategies For Fleet Improvement will be the focus of presentations by fleet executives, manufacturer representatives and industry experts during the educational program being planned by the EUFMC Board of Directors.
- Burning Shield, a special safety presentation by former Phoenix police office Jason Schechterle, will chronicle his triumph over tragedy and the inspiration that enables him to continue to overcome unimaginable adversity.
- Roundtables where fleet executives address common challenges by sharing best practices and working with suppliers to find solutions
- Utility Equipment Drive-Through Demonstrations with educational and technical presentations by suppliers
- Equipment Show exhibits with more than 60 displays of vehicles, equipment, components and a wide range of technologies and services
- Mark Kelly, a highly decorated American astronaut and retired U.S. Navy Captain, will be the featured dinner speaker at EUFMC. From leading teams in some of the most dynamic environments imaginable, to the thrill of spaceflight, to the personal tragedy that exposed how love and devotion to family is paramount to defining and achieving success, Captain Kelly will offers insights drawn from his various and extensive experiences that are truly out of this world.
- Shane Smith and The Saints will return to EUFMC in 2019 to play a special concert hosted by Leadership Sponsor Freightliner Trucks following the dinner Dessert Buffet on Wednesday evening, June 5th.
A new attendance record was set at the 65th annual EUFMC in 2018 when 142 utility fleet representatives from 79 investor-owned electric utilities, electric cooperatives and electrical contractors, including 40 first time attendees and seven new utilities, attended the conference. Also in attendance were more than 330 representatives from over 100 manufacturers and service providers.
“I knew after attending my first EUFMC in 2009 that this conference would be one that I could not afford to miss each year. Having the ability to network with some of the top fleet managers in the country as well as the informative and detailed display of products presented by manufacturers have been well worth my attendance each year. EUFMC is an excellent learning environment, and at the end of each year’s conference l leave with knowledge, real-life solutions, ideas and contacts that have proven to be invaluable.”
Knoxville Utilities Board